CTPSR Secures Further Support From the Ferguson Trust

The Centre for Trust, Peace and Social Relations (CTPSR) is pleased to announce that its ongoing relationship with the Ferguson Trust is secured for another three years. This coincides with the Centre having just re-launched its updated suite of courses including the MA Peace and Conflict Studies and MA Maritime Security.

The Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust’s core objectives of education, peace and development in the Third World enable the Centre to offer a number of scholarships each year to students from low-income, conflict-affected countries to study on their MA Programmes.

The Centre offers high-quality postgraduate qualifications, shaped by research-active staff and informed by a concern for the real world, providing an opportunity to study in a highly interactive and supportive learning environment. It has a proven track record of results for its alumni, evidenced by the testimonies of previous recipients of the Ferguson Trust Scholarship at CTPSR.

Ahmed Hersi, who is a Somalian graduate of the MA Maritime Security commented:

“I was introduced to Coventry MA Maritime Security through a colleague and certainly saw the relevance for me as it would enhance my career profile, professional standing and compliment my practitioner experiences in the field of human security.  I found the MA to be very well-tailored and delivered for students with respect to widening their scope and knowledge in the maritime domain.  It greatly impacted on my career – I have been appointed a Regional Manager for Eastern Southern Africa and Indian Ocean region in terms of coordinating different strands of maritime security.  Without the Ferguson Trust Scholarship I would not have been able to study for the MA; its continued existence will help professionals and practitioners now and in the future gain academic achievements through the scholarship.”

Olayanju Oluwatosin from Nigeria who graduated from the MA Peacebuilding:

“Through my MA studies I met people from different cultural and racial backgrounds, united with a common purpose of learning how to make the world a better place. We all learnt different conflict management skills from each other and were given ample opportunities by lecturers to express our position on a diverse range of topics that address key issues on global security.

I chose to study peace education at  Coventry as it is  offered in an atmosphere that has witnessed the devastation of war but now thrives in peace and tranquillity and is therefore beyond comparison.

Without the support of the Ferguson Trust, I would have struggled to experience the refinement of a world class academic institution such as Coventry University. This opportunity has presented me with invaluable knowledge which I am sincerely thankful for.”

For more information on the range of courses offered by the Centre for Trust, Peace and Social Relations and the Ferguson Trust scholarships that are available visit: http://www.coventry.ac.uk/ctpsr_study

Bookmark the permalink.