First Year Student Experiences: Pierrette Uwimana, BA Languages for Global Communication

My first year at the university gave me the opportunity to strengthen myself in the adult world and to deepen my knowledge in cultures, all this in a practical way. I am studying Languages for Global Communication and it is a degree that gives a broad perspective on several areas of international communication and business. I have learned so much culturally. My general culture has gone up from 6 to 9. Coventry University is a very diverse university, students come from all over the world. C’est fantastique! I’ve never seen so much diversity in my life. I got to know many students through student union groups such as the language exchange that took place every Monday. There is this free-speech, free thinking that I really liked in the education system at Coventry. I really enjoy my course because the theory is always put into practice and we are given the opportunity to talk about topics that affect our world today and so we do projects around it. If you have a passion for languages, cultures, international relations and business, I think you’re already found your place.

-Pierrette Uwimana