560206_871397672894215_7547735434894316614_n

Congraduation to you!

If you are beginning to prepare for your Graduation day our Student Ambassador Muneeba, offers all the advice and tips you could possibly need.

It’s one of the most important days of your life to date. You’ve worked so hard to walk across that stage and to be handed your degree certificate will be the culmination of all those late nights and early mornings, all those endless cups of coffee and never ending piles of work. Being a Student Ambassador I’ve helped at many graduation ceremonies, but this November will be my own graduation ceremony. Over the years I have taken mental notes of things in preparation for when my own time comes, so now I would like to share with you my top tips for making the day as stress free as possible.

Arrive on time.

This is very important- You don’t want to run the risk of not being able to attend your own ceremony! My advice is to be a little early and mingle with others outside rather than have to rush and risk being late.

Wear comfortable shoes.

Whether you’re a guy or a girl make sure you’re in comfortable footwear, you will be on your feet a lot and the worst thing to do is to try breaking into new shoes on this day. Comfort is key. Stumbling like Bambi learning to walk across the stage to collect your certificate is not a good look, so unless you are a pro in wearing stilettos, don’t risk it!

Carry some safety pins.

When you are being fitted with your gown, pins are not provided for safety reasons, so I recommend bringing a couple of your own and carefully securing your gown for that picture perfect look

Make up

Go for a fresh faced look, you can always glamorise afterwards for the evening but for the ceremony I recommend light make up with a fresh spritz of perfume as you will be doing a lot of hugging. There will also be a lot pictures so make sure your make up has a matte finish and if you are going for red lips then have a pocket mirror handy to avoid stained teeth. Waterproof mascara is also a good idea because the day can get quite emotional. In a small clutch bag you might want to carry a little pocket mirror, some tissues and some touch up.

Dress Smart

It’s your big day! Suit up! And ladies your graduation gown will be covering most of your outfit so for picture purposes I recommend wearing something with the main focus being on the front and on the sleeves. If you’re wearing a dress then make sure that it’s not too tight so that you can breathe in it, or that’s it’s not too long so that it’s dragging behind you. Also keep in mind that if you have your hair in a fancy up-do it may get a bit squashed with the hat

Take good pictures

It’s an auspicious day, be creative with your pictures, don’t hold back. Make sure you capture the moment by gathering your friends together for the classic hat throwing group picture.

If you are graduating soon then congratulations! I wish you the very best of luck on your big day!