Coventry campus

Four seasons at Coventry campus

Recent graduate Thu Nygen recounts her time on Coventry campus, illustrated with photos of her most memorable places.

For those of you who had a memorable graduation last week, these current days might be a time of mixed emotions. On the big day, I saw happiness on every single graduates face. They all shined with a sense of accomplishment, and also excitement for having taken the next step of their life journey. But I think we also shared the feeling of sadness, it was time to say goodbye to the Coventry campus.

Our lovely campus is now so familiar to me – a place of unforgettable memories in my life. It’s a great time to look through all the pictures I’ve taken on campus. When I was sitting at my favourite place in the library today, I realised that I’ve been watching the campus through this window throughout all 4 seasons. In each season, the campus has had a completely different look, all having been equally charming.

Spring

This is my most-loved season in the UK. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I was watching the campus bloom in the spring. It’s so gorgeous and colourful.

Summer

I love the blue sky and summer sunlight here so much. Especially, the bright yet tender sunlight, which is something that I don’t have in my country. It’s too hot in Vietnam during summer; nobody would want to take a long walk outside on sunny days! I like walking and jogging, so the campus is the ideal place for me to enjoy walks each day. I usually wander around campus for fun, without any sense of direction. That’s my way of discovering the beauty of our campus. Sometimes the nomadic strolls lead me to surprisingly lovely places that I didn’t know about.

Autumn

When the leaves fell in the autumn, the campus turned into another kind of charm. These photos recall so many beautiful memories I’ve got here: the long walks after lectures I spent with my beloved classmates, the meetings and team work time at the Hub, quick lunches at Costa and some fun nights in Drapers. They all seem to have happened just yesterday.

Winter

I still remember when I first came here in the winter. The bitter cold and short daylight were very strange to me. The sun set at 4pm and even when it shined the sky was still gloomy. This made the city and campus look so mysterious! I used to walk through the cathedral on the way home after lectures, and its eerie look in the dark reminded me of the fairy tales I read as a child.

Spring 2015

Spring has now arrived on campus and in my heart as well. My springtime excitement has tripled due to the Graduation Day. I’m so happy it took place in the spring- the season of youth, the season of new beginnings! I was looking at all of the flowers blooming on campus today and began to think about my future. Many years later, when I think back to these days, these beautiful memories will surely be some of the most important parts in my life. 
Coventry campus will be in my heart forever!