Whether you’ve been through it or are going through it right now, dissertation deadline season is around the corner and here are 9 stages that you will definitely go through whilst writing one.
1. Realising that deadline season comes around pretty fast:
2. The feeling of relief when a fellow student utters the words “I haven’t started yet”:
3. When you do start…having a mini meltdown and wanting to change your topic:
4. Procrastination followed by more procrastination:
5. When people ask you how your dissertation is going:
6. Going to The Winchester (or in this case The Phoenix) to wait for all this to blow over:
7. Finally starting to understand your topic:
8. Having all your chapters come together and make sense:
9. Submitting your dissertation:
With procrastination higher on the agenda than the dissertation probably is, here are some tips to avoid it.