MTV Crashes Coventry Review – Friday 27 May

ON FRIDAY 27TH OF MAY, MTV CRASHED COVENTRY FOR TWO DAYS. UNCOVERED BLOGGER NAOMI REVIEWS THE FRIDAY EVENT.

Hosted at the Ricoh Arena (home to the Wasps & CCFC) the lineup for the Friday was pretty diverse including: Sigala, Fleur East, Tom Odell, Kaiser Chiefs, Chase & Status & R3WIRE & Varski..and for a tenner for each day of music I really couldn’t complain.

Sigala with John Newman
Rating: 7/10
Favourite song performed: Give Me Your Love

Sigala are well known in the UK with hits such as: ‘Say You Do’, ‘Sweet Lovin’ & ‘Give Me Your Love’ featuring John Newman. Sigala’s performance was very well thought out with the addition of special guests Imani, Bryn Christopher & John Newman.

Fleur East
Rating: 7/10
Favourite song performed:
Sax

Fleur East is the runner up of the X Factor 2014, but she has kept to the tradition that most runners up from the X Factor have held which is doing better than the winner of X Factor for that year.

I didn’t know what to expect from Fleur East performance wise, but she was really good, she kind of reminded me of Beyonce in her early days, as Fleur is an all round performer who kept the crowd going throughout her performance. I see Fleur East going very far within the music industry if she keeps it up.

Tom Odell
Rating: 6/10
Favourite song performed: Magnetised

Tom Odell was an interesting act at MTV Crashes & performed songs including: ‘I Know’, ‘Wrong Crowd’ & ‘Here I Am’. Tom Odell was a good act and he’s definitely one artist to watch out for.

Kaiser Chiefs
Rating: 9/10
Favourite song performed: 
Everyday I love You Less & Less

I hadn’t listened to Kaiser Chiefs in ages but I loved them back in the day. I knew they would be pretty good live and I wasn’t wrong. Kaiser Chiefs performed songs including: ‘I Predict A Riot’, ‘Everyday I Love You Less & Less’ & the classic that everyone knows ‘Ruby’. Kaisers Chiefs set exceeded my expectations and I wouldn’t mind seeing them live again.

Chase & Status
Rating:
10/10
Favourite song performed: No Problem

Chase & Status were the headline act for the Friday they absolutely stole the show! Although I hadn’t listened to them frequently in the more recent months and I was not let down as they gave a brilliant live performance.

A solid 10 out of 10 for Chase & Status simply because their performance and setlist was off the scale playing songs such as: ‘Hypest Hype’ featuring Tempa T as a special guest, ‘No Problem’, ‘Time’, ‘Blind Faith’ & many more tunes! Chase & Status were definitely the worthy headline act and I will be definitely booking tickets to see them live again!

As I said earlier, for a tenner I really couldn’t complain about the selection of artists at MTV Crashes Coventry. I had a thoroughly good time, especially singing… or perhaps shouting out lyrics to the likes of the Kaiser Chiefs and Chase & Status, consequently and temporarily losing my voice the next day.

Thank you MTV for gracing Coventry with such a brilliant selection of artists and bands and please come back again!