Family-eating-Christmas-dinner-around-a-table

What Does Christmas Mean to You?

The UnCOVered team have been busy finding out what Christmas means to students and staff here at Coventry University.

We’d like to know what it means to you, feel free to leave comments below or on our Facebook page.

For me, Christmas is a chance to spend time with family, relax, watch endless Christmas movies and programmes like ‘Only Fools and Horses’ and enjoy chocolate without feeling guilty! It’s a time to reflect on the year and be thankful for what you have.

Nav Sekhon

To me, it means making happy memories for times you otherwise aren’t able to be with family. While dinner is cooking we usually put Christmas music on, dance, chat and drink. Sometimes we play board games, or watch a Christmas film, then people are ready for their Christmas nap.

Rachel Chafer

For me, Christmas is a chance to relax, see the family, run more and watch more football!

Matt Dyer

Christmas to me is sharing special time with friends and family, enjoying delicious food, feeling thankful and reflecting on the past year, and not feeling guilty about eating too many Quality Street!

Amanda Simpson

Mum’s Christmas Dinner – it’s always a highlight for me!

Family-sitting-at-dinner-table-at-Christmas

Tom Kurczij

A time of reflection and to be thankful of what you have.

Daniel Atkinson

As someone working aboard, Christmas is probably the most unique cultural experience to me. Whether it is the amazing Christmas lights switch on, the Christmas dinner with friends and colleagues, the interesting secret Santa and most of all, the super exciting Boxing Day, everything looks very fleshing new to me, exciting and attractive! Definitely the best time of the year!

Min Mao

It might sound a little weird but, nowadays for me, Christmas means watching The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies. Of course, it’s not a real Christmas without having endless cups of hot chocolate. Our family tradition is to eat plenty of oranges around Christmas time, therefore the scent of oranges reminds me of Xmas. I suppose the beauty of Christmas is cherishing your family and the habits you have together, regardless of how weird they might be.

Deyshim Murad

Christmas is a great time to relax, spend time with family and friends, and watch lots of football!

Tom Pipkin

Christmas is a time where I feel really grateful for the wonderful friends and family in my life, and also a time to eat ☺.

Pali Dhillon

What does Christmas mean to you? We’d love to hear your thoughts! :)