Music

Music To Get You Through The Week #13

As we fly into another week, why not discover a song to match each day with our latest playlist? The summer now feels well and truly upon us, some days anyway! So here is our selection of retro classics and the latest floor-fillers designed to make the next 7 days that little bit easier. Enjoy!

#Monday Moves

Junior Senior – Move Your Feet.

Mondays – don’t you just love them? It’s a day that depresses many and excites few. So why not take a new approach to the day with this feel good anthem? A positive and vibrant outlook to the new week will surely seem easier once you’ve taken a few minutes to enjoy this classic. Go on, move your feet, I dare you!

“Everybody, move your feet and feel united
Oh oh oh.
Everybody, move your feet and feel united
Oh oh oh, yeah”

#Tuesday Tunes

Years & Years – Shine.

So the week is starting to gather pace, and we hope it’s shaping up to be a great one for you all! Here we suggest the latest release from one of THE breakthrough acts of 2015, Years & Years. This song has a lovely, calming feel to it and is completed with some beautiful lyrics. Here is a special, stripped back version of the song to relax your Tuesday.

“I wanna be the one you steal,
I wanna be the one you shield,
I wanna be the one
That your love, that your love
can heal.
I wanna be the one you steal,
I wanna be the one you shield
I wanna be the one
That you love, that you love”

#Wednesday Karaoke

Bon Jovi – Livin’ On A Prayer.

Happy #HumpDay! Now that wasn’t so bad, was it? With the previous days done and dusted, our focus shifts to that upcoming Friday feeling and how the weekend will be spent. So what better way to start the excitement than a good old sing-a-long to a classic rock anthem? All together now…

“Woah, we’re half way there
Woah, livin’ on a prayer.
Take my hand, we’ll make it I swear
Woah, livin’ on a prayer!”

#Thursday Thinking

Circa Waves – T Shirt Weather.

Thursday is here and the week has, hopefully, gone surprisingly fast. Plus, the sun is even shining! …Ok, that’s bound to be tempting fate, but it’s still the summer months and we say embrace the season whatever the weather! This Circa Waves hit from earlier this year is guaranteed to make you feel good ahead of the impending weekend, and maybe even conjure a bit of #TBT nostalgia of sunny days gone by.

“I remember T-shirt weather
I remember some days
We were singing our lungs out
in the backseat together
And the seat-belts were burning our fingers
In the T-shirt weather
I remember sleeping till the early afternoon”

#Friday Funk

David Zowie – House Every Weekend.

You did it! The last day of the ‘typical’ working week has arrived, and it’s time to have some fun. Whether you have big plans for the weekend, or just some nice, relaxing time with family and friends, Friday always delivers that certain feeling. This track is for those of you that love to party, and may even convince those of you that don’t! If the clubbing scene is your thing, then there is no doubt you will have had this song in your head at some point already!

(There aren’t exactly the most varied lyrics to this one, so let’s just let the beat do the talking).

#Saturday Soul

Chic – Good Times.

Saturdays are always eventful no matter what your plans are. With the weekend now in full flow, there’s nothing quite like a dance classic to make you feel alive – and here we have an absolute belter!

“Good times, these are the good times
Leave your cares behind, these are the good times
Good times, these are the good times
Our new state of mind, these are the good times.”

#Sunday Settler

Ed Sheeran – Tenerife Sea.

Sunday – you’ve arrived too soon! The weekend may be drawing to a close but that doesn’t mean your time should suffer! Today is probably going to be filled with relaxation, a nice roast dinner back home… or possibly a frantic rush to fit in all the things you forgot to do over the week! To get you in a mellow, peaceful frame of mind for the new week, what better than a gorgeous love song from this talented fella? Whether you have that special someone in your life or not, the beautiful melody of this song will help you get the most out of your final day of freedom.

“You look so beautiful in this light
Your silhouette over me
The way it brings out the blue in your eyes
Is the Tenerife sea
And all of the voices surrounding us here
They just fade out when you take a breath
Just say the word and I will disappear
Into the wilderness”