thinking

10 Thoughts Everyone Has When They Leave Uni

#Summer, summer, summer time! Gunna sit back and unwind…# And chain myself to my uni house so no one can make me leave and stop being a student…

Yep it’s that horrible time of year for third years when reality comes knocking. It’s really tough to feel like you’re saying “goodbye” to one life, and starting one which might not seem as exciting.

But to show you there are lots of people who feel the same as you, here are the 10 thoughts and feelings basically everyone has when they’re leaving university… (All told by former students!)

1. Trying to figure out what to do with life now uni’s over like…

look-lost

2. Knowing your last EVER chunk of student finance just hit your account…

student-loan

3. When you realise every job asks for ‘experience’, but you’ve just graduated, so how are you supposed to get ‘experience’?
 frustration
4. When you realise you have to set an alarm again and possibly even wear a tie…

ron-burgundy

5. When you realise the student discount is gone…

wolverine

But then remember, you still have your young person’s rail card…

student-win

But they’re not all negative…

6. I’ve finished education FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!

celebrate

7. I can go travelling for as long as I want…

going-to-travel

8. Time to put my degree to use and make sure all my hard work was really worth it…

ready-to-work

But it’s still quite scary…

9. Me at uni: I’ll never wear a suit – I’ll never stop being a free spirit.

*Me on my first day*

gene-wilder

10. How will I survive without the summer holiday? So, tell me more about PGCEs…

vacation

Getting serious for a second if we may… This is a genuinely difficult time of year as you transition from one stage to another. But you got this! You’ve made some wonderful friends, you’ve worked hard for your degree and now it’s time to tackle the world.
If progressing into postgraduate study is genuinely for you (and not just cos you want that long summer!) then come along to our Open Day on the 17th June and find out more about studying for a master’s or PhD.