Universities Week which takes place between 9 – 15 June, has been running since 2010 and this year the main aim is to emphasise the importance of university research and how it can improve our lives.
At Coventry University a large amount of our research focusses on real world impact and how it can affect everyday people like you and me. In fact, we recently launched our new research strategy ‘Excellence With Impact’ which will build on the significant contributions we are already making to important global and societal challenges.
On Saturday 14th June we’re opening our doors for a pre-applicant open day where you’ll be able to explore our modern campus and see the university facilities. You’ll also have the chance to see our research in action and talk to our researchers about their project and how they’re making a difference.
We’ll be showcasing the following research projects;
- Siobhan Davies RePlay – Digital Dance Archive
- Dance and Performance Research
- METPEX – Measurement Tool to determine the quality of passenger experience
- HDTI – Health Design Technology Institute
- Sonochemistry – Antibacterial hospital dressing and uniforms
- PASS – The Portable Ambient Sound System
- Institute for Advance Manufacturing and Engineering (AME) – A Unipart and Coventry University Collaboration