Since the last update (Sept 2015), O2OA has followed the revised project plan.
Activities since October:
- Julie Bayley has published an Open Access Intervention Mapping Tool, based on behaviour change science and intervention development. Julie has previously blogged about the tool here.
- Coventry have had a poster proposal accepted for ARMA based on the development of the OA intervention tool.
- Northampton have submitted a poster to Open Repositories based on the use of the tool at their institution.
- Based on their experiences of supporting OA, all three O2OA partners have contributed to a Shared Learning Log.
- O2OA partners have actively sought advocacy opportunities with their respective research communities, visiting Schools, Departments and research groups to spread the OA word.
- Northampton’s OA policy (developed from Coventry’s) has been approved by the University’s Research and Enterprise Committee, along with a series of recommendations for changes to NECTAR (institutional repository) workflows and procedures.
- During Open Access Week a series of blog posts were published to extend the information given in the project’s OA and the Research Lifecycle Guide.
Next steps for O2OA are:
- All Partner institutions to implement the OA intervention tool
- Continue implementation and information sharing for institutional OA processes WP3 (led by De Montfort University)
- Continued and hopefully strengthened links with other Pathfinder colleagues
- Production of the Intervention Mapping resources