Linguaie-mundi-tutor-and-students

Train as a Linguae Mundi Tutor this Summer

Last year’s cohort of Linguae Mundi Tutors have now received their EUROLTA certificates, a European-wide qualification that recognises languages tutors’ professional development. This follows a period of tutor training delivered by the Linguae Mundi academic team.

Boyanka Bobeva, Russian and Bulgarian Tutor, gives more details of the training and what getting the qualification means to her:

“As a trainee, I had the opportunity to observe many tutors, which clarified a lot of aspects during the training sessions. We discussed some techniques and I received useful advice, which I consider implementing in my lessons”.

“As a Linguae Mundi Tutor, I started teaching four people. They were highly motivated to learn Bulgarian because of their friends in Bulgaria.  My aim was to facilitate my students learning and to prepare them for real-life communication. They showed me their appreciation by their excellent attendance, preparation and interaction during activities. We even have a closed group on Facebook where we communicate and write in Bulgarian”.

So if you are a native speaker of any language (including English) and passionate about sharing your language and culture, then this would be ideal for you.

In return, you will get training on how to become a tutor and then be in line for various opportunities for paid work once you’ve completed the course.

The summer tutor training course is planned for 18th June to 6th July in an intensive format (full time). We also have an autumn non-intensive training block, which usually starts towards the end of October for 12 weeks, involving two evenings a week.

If you are interested in signing up for the summer intensive course, please apply here.

Alternatively, if you would like more information before applying, please contact the Linguae Mundi team at linguaemundi.cge@coventry.ac.uk, or call us on 024 7765 2985.