International and UK students – everything you need to know about the UCAS undergraduate application process and how to apply can be found here.
What is UCAS and how does it work?
UCAS stands for Universities and Colleges Admissions Service. It is the service that students use to apply to university.
- Select the course(s) you would like to study for 2019 entry and the university (obviously Coventry!) you want to study at.
- Use the UCAS Calculator to work out how many points your qualifications are worth (you can then work out what courses you are able to apply for).
- If you are an international student, you may need to take an English language test to get a place on a course so check with your university to see what you need to do.
- Register for UCAS.
- Fill out the UCAS application form with your choice(s) – to apply for one course UK students must pay £12, for more than one course it is £23, your school or college will provide you with information on how to pay (fees for international students may be different – please speak to your school or college regarding these).
- Write your Personal Statement – you’ll need to spend a good few hours perfecting this, check out our 8 Tips for writing the perfect personal statement
- Submit your application, sit back and wait for the offers to come in! You can keep track of these to review your application. Remember – if you do not receive any offers you can always go through Clearing. But we will discuss this in more detail early next year.
What are the UCAS deadlines?
- 15 January 2019 at 18:00 (UK time) - for all courses apart from some art or design courses which have a deadline of March (check with your school or college for detailed information).
- If you’ve used all 5 choices on your application and are not holding any offers – you could still find a place using Extra and the great thing is, it’s free! You can add an Extra choice between 25 February and 4 July 2019. To find out more about Extra visit the UCAS website.
- 20 September 2019 18:00 (UK time) – the last date you can submit applications for 2019 entry courses.