Please, make sure you read it all before procceeding with your submission.
Thank you for your interest in having your art shared in covwords.coventry.domains and/or CovWords which are run by Coventry University Students (“we” or “us”). Before we can accept any Content from you now or in the future, please confirm that you have read and agree to this Submissions Agreement (“Agreement”), which will govern any Content that you provide to us that is accepted for publication on the CovWords website and/or Magazine. As used in this Agreement, “Content” means any articles, content, or other materials that you submit to us. We reserve the right to publish or not publish any Content you provide.
1. In exchange for providing you with this platform for expression and with potential exposure to CovWords readers, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, publish, reproduce, modify, adapt, license, sublicense, distribute, sell, perform, translate, and display your Content (including any drawings, images, sounds, video recordings, or other data embedded in your Content and including adaptations or derivative works based on your Content) for any purpose, in any language, and in any manner or medium (now existing or hereafter developed) (the “Rights”). All Rights granted to us under this Agreement are irrevocable and vest immediately upon publication of your Content on CovWords. You retain ownership of the copyright in your Content, subject to the rights granted to us in this Agreement. If you decide to republish your Content elsewhere, you agree to include the following disclosure: “Previously published by CovWords at (magazine issue or covwords.coventry.domains)”.
2. We do not wish to receive or hold any materials from you in confidence. Therefore, you agree that no confidential relationship or obligation of secrecy is established between both parties respecting your Content. You irrevocably agree not to assert any claim of idea appropriation, misappropriation, or any other similar claims of any kind about your Content.
3. We may publish without restriction other content on the same or similar topics as that of your Content. We make no representations, warranties, or promises whatsoever regarding the nature or level of exposure that you or your Content will receive through CovWords, and you agree that we have no obligation to you under this Agreement, or under any law, or in equity, in connection with any of your Content that we may use. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability, quiet enjoyment, or fitness for a particular purpose.
4. If you wish to have your Content published under the name “Anonymous”, please advise us on our submissions form (we will still need your real name and email address on our submissions form). While we will endeavour to honour requests to publish content anonymously, we make no guarantee that your Content will be published anonymously and we disclaim any responsibility whatsoever for any harm resulting from not posting your Content anonymously. Moreover, even if your Content is being issued anonymously, we make no guarantee that your identity will remain anonymous and we disclaim any responsibility whatsoever for any harm resulting from the intentional or unintentional disclosure of your identity.
5. You understand that CovWords is accessible to anyone on the Internet. You should not provide us with any Content that is private, infringing of someone else’s intellectual property rights, or defamatory. Anything posted on CovWords will be available to anyone on the Internet. You are solely responsible for any legal or other repercussions that occur as a result of your Content posted on CovWords. We assume no responsibility or liability which may arise from your Content. We are under no obligation to modify or delete your Content once it is posted on the CovWords website but reserve the right to do so in our sole discretion.
6. IF YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE PAID OR OTHERWISE COMPENSATED FOR YOUR CONTENT, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT IT TO US THROUGH THIS FORUM. THIS FORUM IS INTENDED ONLY FOR PERSONS WHO BELIEVE THEY WILL BENEFIT PERSONALLY OR PROFESSIONALLY FROM PUBLICATION OF THEIR CONTENT WITHOUT COMPENSATION. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION OR REIMBURSEMENT OF ANY KIND FOR YOUR CONTENT OR ANY OF YOUR ACTIVITIES RELATED TO YOUR CONTENT AND THAT WE MAY BENEFIT COMMERCIALLY FROM YOUR CONTENT, INCLUDING BY ATTRACTING ADVERTISING TO COVWORDS, BY INCREASING THE VALUE OF COVENTRY WORDS, AND IN OTHER WAYS. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE YOU WITH ANY DATA OR ANALYTICS OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT WE MAY OBTAIN OR CREATE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PAGE VIEW DATA) CONCERNING YOUR CONTENT OR COVENTRY WORDS.
7. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to (a) edit your Content, (b) supplement or co-mingle your Content with our trade names, trademarks, and service marks and with content provided by us or by third parties, (c) remove your Content from the CovWords website, and (d) benefit commercially from your Content.
8. You represent and warrant to us that (a) you are 18 years of age or older and have provided us with your real name and email address on our submissions form; (b) your Content is an original work created by you; (c) you own the copyright in your Content; (d) your Content does not contain any express or implied statements of fact that are untrue, false, or misleading; (e) your Content does not infringe the copyrights, trademarks or other rights of any third party; (f) your Content does not contain any viruses, worms, malware or other harmful or destructive material; and (g) your Content does not contain any defamatory, libellous, obscene, pornographic, threatening, abusive, harassing, or similarly unlawful material.
9. You acknowledge that there is no partnership, joint venture, employment, consulting or other such relationship between you or us (each a “Party” and together with the “Parties”).
10. The terms of this Agreement are binding upon, and will inure to the benefit of the Parties, including their respective licensees, successors, and assigns. We may assign, license or transfer any or all of the Rights you have granted to us to any other person or entity. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, there are no third-party beneficiaries to the Agreement.
11. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of the Parties, and the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected or impaired, unless continued enforcement of the provisions frustrates the intent of the Parties.
12. No delay or failure by either Party in exercising any right under this Agreement, and no partial or single exercise of that right, will constitute a waiver of that or any other right. Failure to enforce any right under this Agreement will not be deemed a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other right.
13. This is the entire agreement between the Parties, and any changes must be agreed to in between them.