University researcher and Senior Lecturer in Design Engineering, Dr Sean McCartan, is chairing the Developing Specialist Wind Vessels Summit in Aberdeen next week.
The two day event takes place on 9th – 10th April 2014 and will look at the following key topics;
- Market update on demand for vessels for offshore wind farms
- Highlighting new rules and regulations for the offshore wind fleet
- Developing skills in construction and maintenance of offshore wind farms
- Future developments in retrofit and new build offshore wind vessels
- Assessing vessels; selecting the right tools for the job
- Improving turbine access in harsh deep-water conditions
- Forging effective working partnerships with subcontractors and key stakeholders
In addition to chairing the conference, Dr McCartan will be presenting – ‘Regulations Related to Offshore Wind Vessels Crew Needs and Safety in the Development of Next Generation Motherships for the Far Shore Wind Farms’.