Choosing which five universities to put down on your UCAS application can be a stressful decision to make. What course should you apply for? What facilities does the university offer? How good is the student nightlife?
All of these questions can be answered by simply attending an Open Day.
Open days are great because they’ll give you your first glimpse of university life before making your final decision. So what do you need to do in order to make your Open Day experience as smooth as possible?
- Print off your personalised programme and bring it with you on the day!
If you’ve booked a place on one of our Open Days, you should receive an email confirmation containing a link to your online personalised programme. This will help you make sure you don’t miss anything important, as each schedule is perfectly designed for your individual needs and interests.
- Take the chance to familiarise yourself with the life on campus by talking to our Student Ambassadors. They will be able to direct you to the check-in stations on arrival and will be around throughout the day to let you know what Coventry University is all about! You’ll spot our ambassadors around campus, they’re the people wearing bright t-shirts!
- Take part in the Information Fair in The Hub between 9am-4pm. Talk to people about Sports, International Experiences, Finance, Accommodation, The Students’ Union and much more! The information fair will offer you the chance to find out about the wide range of support services and programmes that our University has to offer. Staff and students will also be on hand to share their own experiences with you, making it the perfect opportunity to learn more about everything you can get up to on campus!
- Embark on an amazing adventure! Go on a campus tour and check out all the key student places such as Square One, our student halls and the one building to rule them all: our student central, The Hub.
- Take the opportunity to explore the city! Our campus is situated 2 minutes away from the city centre. The position of the university makes an Open Day the perfect time to see how near the shops, pubs and bars are to to the main campus. You’ll also get to see Coventry through the eyes of a local, visit the Herbert Gallery and the Transport Museum, admire the Lady Godiva Statue and explore your potential future surroundings!
- Talk to our staff, students and ambassadors as much as you can! They are here to answer any of your queries and concerns. From sports and societies to finance and international experience, everyone has a stall here to help you make an informed decision. Take the opportunity to find out what current students really think about the courses you’re interested in, and what they’ve learned during their time at Coventry.
- And finally chat with our current students and the social media team using our Twitter and Facebook pages, or join us over on The Student Room. Remember to share your experiences with us on Twitter using #CovOpenDay so we can see what you’re up to! We are online all day to answer any questions you still have, and are happy to offer further advice and guidance throughout your decision making process, so don’t hesitate to drop us a line.