Coventry University links up with environmental company

Coventry University have partnered with a Lancashire-based environmental company to help increase the amount of wildlife and environmentally-friendly areas in urban areas.

SEL Environmental

SEL Environmental

SEL Environmental have entered into a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) with the University’s Centre for Agroecology and Water Resilience (CAWR), to deliver the benefits of green space and wildlife friendly habitats into the heart of urban areas. This will be done by new environmentally friendly roof designs and material composition resulting in measurable benefits to the local ecology.

SEL Environmental is a specialist provider of sustainable drainage, rain water management and contaminated land remediation systems within the UK building, civil engineering and sports sectors. The company work closely with architects, engineers, and developers to promote best practice, leading to project specification for SEL products and systems.

The CAWR academic team supporting the KTP project comprises of Dr Steve Coupe and Dr Liz Trenchard. Dr Coupe said: “We are delighted to have secured funding for this exciting KTP project. Innercity-Green-Space-Our knowledge and expertise here at the University will complement SEL’s and together we are aiming to realise the potential for green roofs to create new urban habitat, thereby enhancing local ecological diversity. SEL are already a UK Market Leader in sustainable drainage systems, and we hope this project will also help establish the company as a leader in ecological design principles.”

Knowledge Transfer Partnerships are part-funded by Innovate UK, and are designed to help companies improve their competitiveness and productivity through the better use of knowledge, technology and skills. This is achieved by working in partnership with a university and graduate project manager, leading to increases in profitability and growth for the business.

For more information on Knowledge Transfer Partnerships or our wider Knowledge Exchange offering and how it could benefit your business, please visit www.coventry.ac.uk/knowledge-exchange or you can contact the team by calling+44 (0) 24 7615 8258  or emailing knowledgeexchange@coventry.ac.uk.

33 thoughts on “Coventry University links up with environmental company

1. Hi there! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

2. Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this blog. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s hard to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual appeal. I must say you have done a excellent job with this. Additionally, the blog loads extremely fast for me on Chrome. Outstanding Blog!

3. Great post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I am inspired! Very useful info specially the closing section 🙂 I maintain such information much. I was looking for this certain info for a very lengthy time. Thanks and good luck.

4. Hey! Quick question that’s totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when browsing from my iphone4. I’m trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to fix this problem. If you have any recommendations, please share. Many thanks!

5. Hi this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or
    if you have to manually vpn code 2024 with HTML.
    I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so
    I wanted to get advice from someone with experience.
    Any help would be enormously appreciated!

6. What’s Taking place i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads. I’m hoping to contribute & aid other customers like its aided me. Good job.

7. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us you really know what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Please also visit my site =). We could have a link exchange contract between us!

8. Today, while I was at work, my sister stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a thirty foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she has 83 views. I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it with someone!

9. Hi, Neat post. There’s a problem along with your site in internet explorer, could check this?K IE nonetheless is the marketplace chief and a good section of people will pass over your fantastic writing due to this problem.

10. Hi I am so happy I found your blog page, I really found you by mistake, while I was searching on Yahoo for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a incredible post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the superb work.

11. I am no longer positive where you’re getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time finding out more or working out more. Thank you for fantastic information I used to be on the lookout for this information for my mission.

12. This blog is definitely rather handy since I’m at the moment creating an internet floral website – although I am only starting out therefore it’s really fairly small, nothing like this site. Can link to a few of the posts here as they are quite. Thanks much. Zoey Olsen

13. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return.

14. This blog is definitely rather handy since I’m at the moment creating an internet floral website – although I am only starting out therefore it’s really fairly small, nothing like this site. Can link to a few of the posts here as they are quite. Thanks much. Zoey Olsen