Life hacks are short and sweet solutions to having the perfect life. Whether it’s a time saving tip, a solution for texting the wrong person (!) or just a way to find your house key in a hurry, we have the hack for you. Oh, and number one is a complete game-changer…
1. For all of you selfie fans out there who struggle to hit your phone’s circle button whilst perfecting the duck pout, widening your eyes (without tearing up) and holding that ‘surprised’ expression… you can use either of the volume buttons on the side of your iPhone to take a picture. I KNOW!
2. So you don’t have time to iron your shirts in the morning, but still want to have a nice clean-cut look? You can ‘iron’ the collar with your hair straighteners, shove a jumper on top and you are good to go 😉
3. Toothpaste is the answer to everything, or … to almost everything! You can use it to relieve everything from itchy skin to bug bites, use it to sooth an angry spot, make your jewellery shine again, repair scratched CDs or even clear up hazy car headlights.
4. Is your car always messy? Try using an (empty!) cereal box as a trash can. It’s cheap, stays upright and it’s recyclable – no more plastic bags! If the box gets wet or smelly, you can always replace it. Just remember to eat more cereals…
5. Borrowed from the amazing people at Buzzfeed:
Save time studying by listening to recorded lectures at twice the speed:
You can use a program like Audacity or VLC media player to do this.
6. Do all your keys look the same to you? Try painting them in different colours so you can tell them apart. Nail polish will do the trick. It also helps you find them if you have a bit of clutter in your room.
Extra hack: Paint the most important key with a glitter polish so you can feel it in the dark!
7. Accidentally sent the wrong text? Immediately set your phone on airplane mode and once it fails to deliver, delete the message. In case you are the person who accidentally received such a message, and it’s really made your blood boil.. wait an hour to respond to it, you’ll be surprised how much more rational you will become!
8. For those power point presentations:
9. Tired of your mates ‘borrowing’ your stuff? Take a photo of them with the item before they take it, then you’ll always know who’s got what (and you’ll have proof!).
10. Finally, how to stop your phone from making you say duck, or ducking, when what you really want to say is…well, you know..
- Launch the Settings
- Tap General.
- Tap on Keyboard.
- Scroll down to Shortcuts
- Tap Add New Shortcut…
- In the Phrase field, type in the entire phrase you’d like to create a shortcut for.
- In the Shortcut field, type in the snippet you want to be replaced by the phrase.
- Tap Save at the top right.
We hope these 10 student life hacks will help you save time, money and patience!
Send over any of your ideas, we’re curious to hear about your life hacks too!