My global success: Andreea Ferchiu

Andreea Ferchiu is one of Coventry University’s newest staff members. She joined the Office of Global Affairs this summer after completing a Masters in International Relations as a student here on campus.

Andreea attributes her success to the global experiences she gained whilst studying here.

I have recently started working with one of the top 15 Universities in England. I believe I was successful not just because of my Masters in International Relations, but also due to my global experiences with the Centre for Global Engagement (CGE) at Coventry University. Through the CGE I was able to engage with a range of global programmes. I studied Beginners Mandarin and Intermediate Spanish, and became a member of  the brilliant Global Leaders Programme (GLP).”

“Through the GLP I attended advanced communication and leadership workshops, gained cultural knowledge, met other students from around the world and attended talks from employers such as NASA, Jaguar Land Rover, NHS, and Sainsbury’s – this is where I learnt the secret of leadership success!

nasa

I was able to put my GLP skills into practice when I was invited to visit the Humanitarian Symposium in Cambodia, where I networked with motivational leaders who have changed the world.

image001.jpg

I also attended a mock United Nations Conference in New York. Here I prepared a research topic on global issues in the 21st Century and debated resolutions with colleagues from around the globe. Taking part in the GLP was an invaluable experience for me. I got to see wonderful places and enhance my career at the same time.

Unknown-1

I attended a Summer School at Kadir Has University in Turkey where I gained essential international experience to enhance my CV.  I have also developed vital project management skills through work placements offered by Coventry University.

Coventry University has helped me to express myself through language and understanding different cultures. I’ve made new friends, learnt about the importance of networking and gained the global skills that employers seek. My advice to anyone who joins Coventry University is to take advantage of the opportunities from CGE; you’ll not only gain a global outlook, but also a great career!”

Find out more about the Centre for Global Engagement and the Global Leaders Programme at our Coventry University website.

Here’s a final word from Andreea: