linguae-mundi-tutor

Life as a Linguae Mundi Tutor

selfieI’m Naomi, I study at Coventry University. I’ve just finished the second year of my Politics degree and I’m doing my final year next year. Before I applied to work as a tutor for Linguae Mundi, I had no idea of what I wanted to do after university. Then I received an email about working for them and thought I would give it a go!

I love travelling and I’ve been to many countries across Europe. I knew that teaching English would allow me to travel more, but I didn’t know if teaching itself would be for me. I was successful during the application process and was ready to enjoy the weeks of training ahead provided by Linguae Mundi.

Getting trained up

What I love about the training provided by Linguae Mundi is that it’s interactive, fun and enables you to create lessons that are student-centred. Teaching with Linguae Mundi has taught me how to get the best out of others, and in turn this has helped me in getting the best out of myself. I feel I have grown in confidence and have learnt about so many other cultures. Working with such a diverse range of people has really broadened my experience and I have taught some amazing people.

linguae-mundi-students
Language students in class

With the lessons you can be as creative as you like, using a range of resources and interactive methods such as debate and discussion, to make sure the language is authentic and to give the learners the opportunity to practise.

Cultural exchange

While the language is important you can also give them a taste of your culture. Sharing my own culture and learning about the cultures of the world, along with the satisfaction of helping your learners in return, is all part of the wonderful experiences that come with working as a Linguae Mundi tutor.

Not only has working as a tutor helped me personally, but professionally too. I would love to become a better English teacher and I feel that the experience I am getting with Linguae Mundi is helping me achieve that goal. It is because of this experience that I have been accepted to work at an English Summer Camp helping young people learn English and have an unforgettable experience in the UK.

Working as an English Language tutor has been truly memorable and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a rewarding experience.

If you’d like to find out more about learning or teaching a language, or spending time working, volunteering, or travelling abroad while you’re a student at Coventry University, visit our website to find out how you could get Global Ready.