Success

No such thing as failing!!!

Where there’s a will, there is a way! You may be in the position where you did not get the grades you wanted, or you’re scared to go to university and study exceptional subjects such as Games Technology or Disaster Management. We’re here to let you know that you aren’t alone. Here at Coventry University, you can attain amazing employment opportunities during the placement year of your 4 year sandwich course (at no extra cost).

In our team, we have members who didn’t start on the courses they initially wanted but have all ended up with great opportunities and where they wanted to be. Every disappointment is a blessing. Not in disguise, because a real blessing makes you stronger when you come out on the other side. Tash share’s her experience about how she handled her results and getting on the course she really wanted to do.

Changing courses at uni might not seem like the biggest deal. And although it can be a tricky process, it should be fairly straightforward with lots of people you can go to for support. I did, however, find it tough, but can honestly say that changing course taught me life lessons that help me today, ten years later.

I decided straight away that I was on the wrong course, and knew I wanted to study English. Unfortunately I didn’t have the grades I needed, and after much protest, I was turned away. All seemed lost…

But then, someone mentioned joint honours degrees to me. On the joint honours courses, entry grades dropped a bit. This was something I could work with…

Eventually, I changed course to ‘English and Classics’. I had to return to first year, but I thought that was pretty understandable (plus Fresher’s mark 2 was now on the horizon). I learnt after some enquiry, that I could take my ‘elective’ modules in English, so the course I ended up doing was exactly the same as the straight English students’. This was a life lesson in not taking “no” for an answer, and rather sneaky or ‘inventive’ of me too, I like to think.

An unkind person at the start of the changing course process said to me: “What are you going to do 3 months down the line when you decide you don’t like your new course either?” To him I say, not only did I LOVE the course, and do well in my degree, I stayed on to do my Master’s degree in English Literature, and now ten years later I am lucky enough to write as a full-time job”

You can do it!

#CapableOfEverything