International Journal of Public Health
A special issue will feature 15 manuscripts by SWHIN members (publication in 2016); this special issue also will be published as a book.
Tackling Health Inequalities Through Social Work: Analysis, Advocacy and Action by Paul Bywaters
The Human Rights Perspective in Health Social Work by Vimla Nadkarni
Using Life Course Epidemiology to Inform Social Work Research & Practice by Stephen Rose
Tackling Health Inequalities through Social Work by Lindsey Napier and Lesley Laing
At the heart of HIV/AIDS lies the politics of race, gender, sex, power, death and money. HIV is … just a virus … a metaphor … a human disaster by Vishanthie Sewpaul
Taking action on LGBT health and social care inequalities by Julie Fish
Serving Sexual Minority Youth in Evidence- Informed Strengths – Based Groups: A New Model for a New Generation – Shelley L Craig.
Positioning LGBT Social Work in Italy, Andrea Nagy
Health Inequalities & Equity: Mental Health & Disability, Social Work and Health Inequalities Network
Tackling inequalities in access to social capital: introducing the connecting people intervention, Dr Martin Webber
Health Inequalities & Equity: developing the social work curriculum: promoting health inequalities within social work education, practice and research Social Work and Health Inequalities Network
Health Inequalities – developing a global curriculum, Julie Fish & Kate Karban
Social Work and Global Health Inequalities: Policy and Practice Developments (2009), P. Bywaters, E. McLeod and L. Napier (eds.), Bristol: Policy Press.
This new edited book written primarily by Network members is a major new international text analysing the role that social work can contribute to understanding and tackling global health inequalities.
LGBT Health Inequalities: International Perspectives in Social Work, Fish, J. and Karban, K. (eds.), (Forthcoming), Policy Press.
Find a key reading list here.
- At The University of Warwick, SWHIN is associated with the Centre for the Study of Safety and Wellbeing (SWELL) in the Centre for Lifelong Learning (CLL) www.warwick.ac.uk/study/cll/research/swell
- Politics of Health Group http://www.pohg.org.uk/
- Institute of Health Equity http://www.instituteofhealthequity.org/home
- JISCMAIL – Social Work and Health Inequalities Network
- International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW)
- International Association of Schools of Social Work
- Global Agenda http://ifsw.org/get-involved/agenda-for-social-work/
- Mapping ED Based Social Care Research Report